Rainy days….they can be dreary days where you just cuddle under the blankets and binge watch Netflix all day with the doggo. Or they can be days were you curl up and read a book, or do a craft. More times than not, you might find my cuddling with the doggo and binge watching Netflix but during rainy days, I like to experiment and work on my photography skills.
Experimenting with my camera helps me to continue to improve and bring you the best quality images from your event that you will be able to cherish for years to come!
Here are a few things I like to do on rainy days!
- Take the Eli Dog for a ride. While he loves going for car rides, he doesn’t much like the rain so he ran as fast as he could to the car (he wear a rain coat sometimes to go potty!!!).
2. Sometimes during rainy days, I’ll mix hobbies! I like to color….adult coloring books were an amazing invention! Once I was done coloring, I then experimented with my camera, taking different photos of my coloring book and pencils.
3. One some rainy days, I will play dress-up. Ok, not really but again, combining hobbies! Experimenting with my new make-up, Savvy Minerals (it’s amazing!!!) and taking self-portraits. I don’t much like being in front of the camera, I would much rather capture images of you!
4. Capturing images after the rain can be a lot of fun. After a rainy spring day, I went out to capture the water droplets on the daffodils. I like how you can see the individual drops of water on the petals.
5. During a recent rainy day, I worked on capturing beautiful wedding details. Enhancing this skill is useful for capturing all the details at weddings. All weddings have lovely fine details that I enjoy capturing for you. When you look back on the images at your 15 year anniversary (or more!), you will remember all the happy moments of your very special day.
And brides, it is said to be good luck when it rains on your wedding day. Many cultures have different meanings for rain on your wedding day but the one I hear about the most is that rain on your wedding day means that the couple will have a long and happy marriage.
So brides, don’t fret, we can still capture all the amazing moments and even create some memorable moments if it rains on your special day!
This post is a part of a photography blog circle featuring photographers specializing in a variety of niches. To see what the next photographer is sharing for our weekly theme, “Rainy Day” check out Jessica Wasik with Bark & Gold Photography, celebrating the joy and love between Pittsburgh pets and their people. Continue to click the link at the end of each post in the blog circle until you eventually find your way back here.
Getting married, eloping, having a vow renewal? Contact me now to book your date or book a date for your BFF! I have openings in November and December and many dates in 2021! Specials for winter weddings! Click here to save your date!